You are told by us How trying to get a wedding certification
You can easily make an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative wedding certification you are applying for were married (and the marriage registered) in the state package—if you or the person.
Your registered celebrant or minister that is registered of must record your wedding with us. We do not immediately deliver a certification when a wedding is registered. You ought to purchase one.
You will find 3 kinds of wedding certificate—standard, ceremonial and commemorative. Just a typical wedding certification can be utilized for formal purposes and evidence of modification of title through wedding. You can even use your marriage that is standard certificate signing up to federal government agencies and banking institutions.
The ceremonial wedding certificate provided to you by the authorized celebrant or subscribed minister of religion is certainly not formal. You simply can't make use of it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages add a marriage certificate that is standard.
The interstate or overseas registering authority to get your certificate if you were married outside Queensland, contact.
How exactly to use
It may need you significantly less than ten full minutes to fill this application form in.
- Answer the concerns.
- Choose the way you want to spend the charge.
- Review your details.
- See the e-mail we give you to discover how exactly to finalise the application.
- Get evidence of ID papers certified by a Justice for the Peace or any other person that is authorised.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or perhaps in individual.
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
Post your finished application form, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), along with your certified papers to:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We shall start to process the application once we get your write-ups.
Processing timeframes for properly done applications that have actually all the proof that is required of and supporting documents (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable more time for Australia Post to supply your wedding certification to your target.
See any one of the locations that are following
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at amount 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs within the grouped Community if you pay online
Bring your finished application kind, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
You immediately, unless registered before 1963 if you submit your correctly filled out application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre and the marriage has already been registered, the certificate will be given to.
In the event that wedding ended up being registered before www.redtube.zone 1963, the certification should be prepared after 2.30pm the next working day. Urgent certificates ($29.35) may be prepared in 3 hours ( or the next working day in the event that you use after 1.30pm).
Processing timeframes for properly completed applications which can be submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional cost)
- 2 company times for urgent certificate applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to supply your marriage certification to your target.
JPs within the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your original evidence of ID and other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay the exact same, and begin from the time you have got confirmed your ID.
Spend the charge
The cost that is total determined whenever you fill out the applying type on line. You are able to spend:
- By charge card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer support centre
- By EFTPOS or charge card
- With money
- With a continuing company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- By having a cash purchase
- Through the mail
- By charge card
- With a continuing company account cheque
- With a bank cheque
- Having a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash requests payable to 'Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages'.
We usually do not accept cheques that are personal.
|Commemorative marriage certification package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed when you look at the cost when you purchase a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You'll request to own your certificate posted by express or registered post for the cost.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding application form that is certificate
E-mail bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we answer to online enquiries within 2 company times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) International +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines Monday– that is open Friday 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs can be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
If you should be not able to finish the application online, you should use the PDF application form thereby applying by post or in individual.
Do so online
Correct a certification